Archive for Recruiting
Inc.com: 9 Secrets of Highly Successful Hiring
Some solid suggestions for hiring the right people, being clear in your expectations, and managing your talent in general.
Fast Company: How To Make Your Employees Feel Like Superheroes
A terrific article about finding the right people, and leading them to success.
There have been some terrific leadership articles this week. Below are the top five we liked best:
Gallup Business Journal: Executives: Your Company Isn’t Attracting the Best Talent
This article outlines what different pools of applicants are looking for, and provides three steps to creating more compelling messages to attract the best candidate.
In these ever changing and competitive times, the need to hire the right talent the first time must be a high organizational priority. Organizations who can hire right the first time to fill the available positions have a competitive edge. When qualified employees are matched with the right jobs, then production rises; and this is bound to affect the bottom line.
Hiring the wrong person has many and varied negative effects on a team and on an organization. But why do they occur? In my experience, it is probably due to one or more of the following reasons.
- The interviewing team do not have a clear and agreed upon consensus on the criteria for success in the job for which they are hiring.
- The people interviewing do not know how to conduct an effective and legal interview that will uncover the information needed to make a well informed selection
- The interviewing team does not have the most effective members to interview and select the best person
- The candidates are not provided an appropriate opportunity to understand what the job and work environment is like.
- There are often behavioral considerations that need to be taken into consideration for success on the job. These are often not considered in the interview process.